a brief overview
I'm passionate about making a difference through design.
I strive to create products that help users achieve things, make their lives easier and, in turn, help my clients fulfil their own brand ambitions.
Lead UX Designer
Creditfix | June 2019 -
- I lead the User Experience and Interface design output within a multi-skilled, agile marketing team. The primary focus within the role is to design several high lead conversion brand websites and landing pages within the commercial portfolio.
- I supervise and approve the creative output from the digital designers within the team, as well as freelance designers, who are occasionally sourced.
- I lead and facilitate user research, including user interviews, surveys, data analysis, user personas and customer journey maps, in order to best understand the needs of our customers, before creating practical solutions to meet those needs.
- I produce wireframes, high-fidelity mockups and clickable prototypes to help communicate design ideas and solutions. I am also responsible for the creation, implementation and maintenance of the company design system.
- I lead and facilitate user testing across the UK, including face to face testing, remote testing and focus groups in order to gather suitable feedback on products for continuous iteration and improvement. Feedback is segmented by region, to cater to different audiences.
- I work closely with the development team throughout the development cycle, offering support alongside the design specification I create, to ensure quality control.
- I also lead the branding design output within the business, including the creation of the identity, while working closely with other members of the marketing team to guide in the creation of personality, tone of voice and values.
Design Team Leader
AMG Group | January 2018 - June 2019
- I led, inspired and was responsible for the guidance of the creative thinking, across both print and digital platforms, through clever, cutting-edge design.
- I adopted a strategic approach to design thinking across all projects, including marketing material, product design and brand websites.
- I conducted research, ideation, prototyping, testing and iteration for the benefit of all end users.
- I managed and fully led the Creative Team in their own professional and personal development.
- I was responsible for the project management of deadlines, teams and budgets.
Nettl | January 2017 - January 2018
- Working closely with the company directors, I was responsible for the creation of project proposals and pitch decks for all client presentations.
- I carried out competitor analysis for clients, as well as design trends, in order to present recommendations for design solutions.
- I was responsible for the creation of design solutions, in accordance with clients needs, including branding, design style, look and feel of all marketing communications.
- I produced wireframes, static mockups and high-fidelity prototypes for all clients.
- Other design work included style guides, design specifications, printed marketing material and branding identity.
- I would confidently and clearly present design solutions to clients at all stages in the process, working closely with them to iterate and develop ideas as necessary.
self | November 2014 - January 2017
- I worked on various freelance projects for clients across the UK, Europe and North America.
- I would source, quote, present and pitch to clients through various inbound and outbound marketing channels.
- I managed and oversaw the content of third-party design sources I’d hire to support my own output, where necessary.
- I took charge of invoicing and finance of all projects.
- Types of project work included web design, branding, print and digital marketing assets.